Vizslas are highly active and affectionate dogs. They are medium-sized, standing around 1 foot 9 inches to 2 feet tall at the shoulder and weighing around 45 to 65 pounds (20-30 kg). They were originally bred to be hunting dogs but people eventually realized they can be so much more.
Despite what they were bred to do, over the years they have become more accepted as a family dog as well. Vizslas love to be in close proximity to their owners, so when you search for the best dog bed for Vizslas, make sure you have an open area in your house near people, such as the family room to put it in.
Even though Vizslas love to be with their owners, they are also incredibly reliable, hard-working dogs who love to help out whenever they can. If you give them a job to do, such as being a hunting buddy, therapy dog, or jogging partner, they will thrive in that environment. After expending all of their energy, they will need a good long rest and a great dog bed will help give them the rest they need.
Selecting the Best Dog Beds for Vizslas
In this review, we are going to go over the best dog beds for Vizslas, and the kinds of things you should look out for. Vizslas love to be cuddled, and sleeping in a cozy “cave” bed will calm them down and make them feel safe.
Mentioned above, Vizslas are highly social and love human companionship, so you want to look for a dog bed that is portable. This way, you can bring the bed to the most active, social areas in the household. Even without any interaction, such as when watching a movie, Vizslas love just being around people.
Here are some additional factors to consider when selecting a Vizslas dog bed:
- Chew Resistant: Vizslas have endless amounts of energy, which can sometimes translate into chewing when they are bored. In addition to keeping them occupied with toys, their dog bed should have some protection against chewing.
- Water Resistant: If your Vizsla sees a large body of water, don’t be surprised to see him jump in! Then they might run back soaking wet inside the house and lay down with damp fur. If you don’t want a stained and soaked bed, find one that is water-resistant.
- Orthopedic: A dog that is this active may suffer from joint pain, especially as they age. Look for a bed that is comfortable enough to help recover their sore muscles and joints.
Now with this in mind, let’s go over some great options for your pupper.
Best Dog Beds for Vizslas Review
PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed
The PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed is made from premium components, such as its durable cotton and polyester twill that is sure to provide optimal comfort and support. If you purchase the large size or bigger (36”x28” for the large, all the way up to 50”x40” for XXL Jumbo), its foam base will be at least 4” thick, and its support bolsters have been generously filled. All of this means the PetFusion Ultimate can give your Vizsla the necessary support if he is suffering from arthritis, joint pain, sleep problems, or reduced mobility.
Furthermore, the bed cover is tear-resistant and water-resistant. It comes in three neutral colors (chocolate brown, sandstone, and slate gray) and at least one of them will be sure to blend in with your house’s decor. If your dog makes a mess on the bed, cleaning the cover is as simple as unzipping it and throwing it into the washing machine (after you remove any hair that’s on it).
The head and neck support has also been bolstered and filled with memory foam to provide a nice pillow for your dog. It can also act as a protective barrier of sorts to help your dog feel cozy and enclosed. If you’re still on the fence, the PetFusion Ultimate is covered by a 24 month warranty on any defective component of this bed.
- Memory foam padding reduces joint pain and encourages improved health and mobility
- Water and tear-resistant cover
- Non-skid bottoms
- Easy to clean, machine washable
- Zippers are prone to failure
- Fabric can catch and hold onto hair
K9 Ballistics Tough Rectangle Orthopedic Dog Bed
Though Vizslas are typically not known to be destructive chewers, there have been some cases where they tore through their dog beds when the owner wasn’t around. It’s a bad feeling to purchase a new bed for your dog only to find it ripped apart the next day.
So in order to prevent that from happening, it’s hard to go wrong with the K9 Ballistics Tough Orthopedic bed. K9 Ballistics has a reputation for making the sturdiest beds that can withstand even the most energetic of dogs. There are 5 sizes you can choose from, but for a Vizsla you’ll probably want a large bed (34”x40”x5”) or bigger, and it goes all the way up to XX-Large (40”x68”x5”).
The Tough Orthopedic bed has a cover that is chew-resistant, waterproof, and odor-resistant. Filled with CertiPUR-US foam, this dog bed is extremely comfortable and will provide optimal support for all sizes of dogs. This product also comes with a 120-day warranty; if your Vizsla manages to damage the bed cover, you can get a replacement cover once for free.
- Chew-resistant, water-resistant, odor-resistant cover
- Extremely sturdy bed backed with a 120-day chew-proof warranty
- Machine washable, easy to clean
- Warranty only applies to the cover
- Putting on the cover was difficult for some users
FurHaven Pet Dog Bed
The FurHaven Pet Dog Bed has an egg-crate orthopedic foam base that allows your dog to distribute his weight evenly to reduce the pressure on his joints and relax his body comfortably. Railings along the bed provide a place to rest their head and neck in this three-bolster design.
The bed cover of the FurHaven dog bed is made from ultra plush faux fur lines, and this material is extremely soft on your Vizsla’s paws and nose. Overall, there is plenty of headrest space in addition to cozy corners to burrow into for nestlers. With this bed, your dog will find comfortable ways to sleep in a variety of positions.
You can get the FurHaven Pet Dog Bed in 5 different sizes, though you should only focus on large size and up for a Vizsla. The large size measures in at 36”x27”3” (for foam base, 6.5” including bolsters). Cleaning is a breeze with its removable, machine-washable cover.
- Highly affordable
- Plush faux fur cover is gentle on the nose and paws
- Egg-crate foam provides even distribution of weight
- Bed cover is machine washable
- Not capable of handling excessive chewing or biting