Are you looking for funny dog facts or dog facts for kids; this page will help you learn dog facts that are interesting. As a parent, you might be interested in facts about puppies. In this article, I would like to share information about amazing dog facts. The best of facts about puppies for kids starts here.
1- A dog is as smart as your two-year-old child
- Sometimes we notice that our young children are getting closer to dogs.
- They have same intelligence level, that is why your child and dog are good friends.
- Perhaps you had noticed that both understand same body language.
- It is interesting that both know the same language.
2- Dogs drink the same way as cats do
- This might be difficult to accept since puppies are supposed to drink in an untidy way.
- Indeed, they drink the same way as cats do. Like cats, dogs twist the tip of their tongue and bring fluid up to their mouths.
3- Dogs can sense time
- Scientific studies had proven this fact that dog can feel how much time has passed.
- If you think your dog knows it is time for walk or dinner, you are right.
- Research has shown that dog behaves differently when it the time of your arrival and when it is not the time of your arrival.
- We can simply start believing that dogs feel time.
4- Can puppies see in the dark?
Yes, they can.
5- Dogs don’t sweat from the whole body
- Unlike humans, dogs don’t sweat from all parts of the body.
- Dogs have only one place in their whole body from where they sweat.
- The only part dogs sweat from is their Paws.
- Dogs have sweat glands just in their Paws. pads.
6 – Symptoms of overheating in dogs
- You will observe excessive panting
- You will find their gums going red
- Saliva in the mouth will turn thick
- Sometimes sweating from the paw pads.
7- Dogs smells million times better than human
- The brain size of a dog is smaller than human.
- On the other hand, the part of the brain that controls smell is bigger in ratio to humans.
- To every dog, every human being is distinguished by a unique scent.
- It is impossible to cheat a dog’s sense of smell.
8- Born deaf, the puppy can hear 5 times better than human
- A puppy born deaf can eventually hear 4-5 times as far as a human can hear.
- Dogs can hear even more high pitched sounds ranging from 68 to 44KH.
- Like humans, dogs hearing strength loose with growing age.
- The anatomy of a dog’s ear is reported same as humans have by the scientists, however, their hearing capacity is very high as human beings.
9- Puppies know our feelings through smell
- When we have a change in our feelings puppies can detect it.
- They can feel a change in our scent which enables them to judge our mood.
- Dogs can judge fear in human beings through smell.
- Dogs can even know that a woman in the family is pregnant.
10- Dogs change your Blood Pressure level
- Research has shown that touching your dog lowers your blood pressure level.
- On the other hand, it increases your blood pressure if you talk to your dog.
- Dog petting also lowers your blood pressure level.
- Touch matters the most regarding the change in blood pressure while you are with your dog.